Talk on FreePBX / Asterisk on Raspberry PI
Location: Second Floor, Newton Building, University of Northampton, NN2 6JD
Duration - 15 to 20 minutes
Aim: - to generate interest in the use of of VOIP on the Raspberry PI and, if sufficient interest is generated, to organize a more detailed workshop in the future.
1. Outline of VOIP as a voice technology
2. Advantages of VOIP telephony for business and the consumer.
3. FreePBX on the Raspberry PI build, configuration and usage.
4. Discussion of VOIP trunk technology, VOIP services.
5. Demo of a PI FreePBX system with two VOIP phones.
More details about BCS Northampton events can be found at:http://northampton.bcs.org/events.php?menu_id=4
If you'd like to find out more about Computing at the University of Northampton go to: www.computing.northampton.ac.uk