- Turner S (2013) Junkbots – it is not one thing! Engage 2013 27-28th September 2013
The School of Science and Technology at the University of Northampton have been working with local schools to create robots made from junk. This is an initiative by the University to introduce environmental sustainability, engineering and computing to students and has been funded by Northampton Enterprise Limited and east midlands development agency (emda).
For more details:
- on the junkbots project go to: http://junkbots.blogspot.co.uk/
- on the work developed and a case study can be found at: http://www.hestem-sw.org.uk/project?id=16&pp=540 or http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Junkbot_june_northampton.pdf
- in-school session plan can be found at: http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Planning_Process_junkbots_KS3_4_longer.docx
- STEM club session plan can be found at: http://projects.hestem-sw.org.uk/upload/Planning_Process_junkbots_primary_short8.docx
This and other posters at Engage 2013 can be found at: https://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/engage2013/poster-party