Purpose: This event is organized to help support students of IT in their pursuit for employment. We hope to cover several routes in to work including
Placement and Internship schemes
Direct entry into work post-graduation
The aim is to make this event useful to students in IT at different stages (1st, 2nd and final years) of their respective courses and expect to have students from both campuses attending. Everyone will have something to take from this event.
Highlights of this event will be a Q&A session featuring a panel comprising the speakers at the event as well as some students of the University who have gone through the various employment routes themselves and stalls from a selection of employers into IT roles in and around Northampton.
Date: Thursday, 17th May 2012
Time: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Venue: Avenue Campus, University of Northampton (Newton Building)
- 6:30 - 7:00 Tea/coffee, students to visit stalls
- 7:20 - 7:40 First speaker: The Graduate (preparing for interviews/CV)
- 7:00 - 7:20 Second speaker: Lydia Selby (finding good placements, intern schemes and/or going selfemployed)
- 7:40 - 8:00 Third speaker: Network Rail (Graduate schemes /Assessment centres)
- 8:00 - 8:15 Refreshments
- 8:15 - 8:45 (may go on till 9:00) Panel
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries or concerns.
Thank you for your interest and I look forward to your kind contribution.
Vimukthi Mahindaratne, BCS Committee Member (Young Professionals Group)