- Hill G, Turner S (2014) Chapter 5: Electronic Online Marking of Software Assignments", Progress in IS: Software Engineering Education for a Global E-service Economy, Motta, Gianmario; Bing, Wu (Eds.), Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-04216-9, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-04217-6_5.
- Hill G., Turner S. (2014) "Problems First, Second & Third", International Journal of Quality Assurance in Engineering and Technology Education (IJQAETE), IGI Global, USA, Volume 3 Issue 2 (in press).
- Sinclair J, Allen A, Davis L, Goodchild T, Messenger J, Turner S (2014) "Enhancing student employability skills through partnership working in STEM outreach; the University of Northampton approach " HEA STEM Annual Teaching and Learning Conference 2013: Enhancing the STEM Student Journey, University of Edinburgh, 30th April-1st May 2014
- Hill G, Svennevik E, Turner S (2014) "Computer Science Courses Using Laptops" Innovation in Teaching and Learning in Information and Computer Sciences (preprint)
- Ajah S, Al-Sherbaz Ali, Turner S, Picton P (2014) “Sub 1GHz M2M Communications Standardization: The Advancement in White Space Utilization for Enhancing the Energy Efficiency” PGNet 2014 Liverpool John Moore's University, UK 23rd June 2014.
- Turner S, Holmes N, Gordon A (2014) "Visualising the Field" Workshop Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference 2014- Northampton 2018: Planning, Designing and Delivering Student Success University of Northampton 22nd May 2014
- Sinclair J, Allen A, Davis L, Goodchild T, Messenger J, Turner S (2014) "Enhancing student employability skills through partnership working in STEM outreach " Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference 2014- Northampton 2018: Planning, Designing and Delivering Student Success University of Northampton 22nd May 2014
- Turner S (2014) "Greenfoot in Problem solving and Artificial Intelligence" CEISEE 2014 University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu China 24-25 April 2014.
- Xue J, Ravindra Gaurav (2014) "Enhance student engagement and fair marking of group work using collaborative writing" CEISEE 2014 University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu China 24-25 April 2014.
- Forti Y, Bechkoum K, Turner S and Ajit S (2014) The adoption of e-government in Arab Countries - The case of Libya European Conference on eGovernment ECEG 2014 Spiru Haret University, Romania 12-13 June 2014
- Turner S (2013) Junkbots – it is not one thing! Engage 2013 27-28th September 2013
- Al-Sherbaz (2013) WiMax - WiFi Techniques for Baseband Convergence Lambert Academic Publishing ISBN 978-3-659-49970-8.
- Gubhaju, M. , & Al-Sherbaz, A. (2013). Analyse the Risks of Ad Hoc Programming in Web Development and Develop a Metrics of Appropriate Tools. American Journal of Information Systems, 1(1), 9-20.
- Shwail SH, Karim A, Turner S.(2013): Probabilistic Multi Robot Path Planning in Dynamic Environments: A Comparison between A* and DFS. International Journal of Computer Applications 82(7):29-34, November 2013. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA
- Kabeer S, Geoff Attenburrow ,Phil Picton , Malcolm Wilson (2013) Development of an image analysis technique for measurement of Poisson’s ratio for viscoelastic materials: application to leather. J Mater Sci (2013) 48:744–749 DOI 10.1007/s10853-012-6789-0
- Al-Khalil AB, Al-Sherbaz A, Turner S (2013) Enhancing the Physical Layer in V2V Communication Using OFDM – MIMO Techniques 14th Annual PostGraduate Symposium on The Convergence of Telecommunications, Networking and Broadcasting (PGNET 2013) in Liverpool 24-25th June 2013.
- ihsan lami, Ali Al-Sherbaz (2013) W2BC: A Proposal for a Converged Baseband Implementation of WiMax and WiFi Transceivers International Journal of Information and Network Security (IJINS) Vol.2, No.1, February 2013, pp. 426 - 437 ISSN: 2089-3299
S (2013)Modelling, simulation and experimental validation of nonlinear dynamic interactions in an aramid rope system ICOVP Lisbon, Portugal 9-12 September 2013
Hill G and Turner S (2013)Electronic Online Marking Of Software Assignments (EOMOSA)
CEISIE 2013 13th -14th May 2013 Milan
- Athab S ,Bahja H, Zhang Y (2013) "Parallel Priority Region Approach to Detect Background" ICCCISE 2013: International Conference on Computer, Communication and Information Sciences and Engineering. Paris, France, 7-8 October 2013
- Al-Hameed W, Mayali Y, Picton P (2013) “SEGMENTATION OF RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGES OF WELD DEFECT” Journal of Global Research in Computer Science Volume 4, No. 7, July 2013 ISSN 2229-371
Turner S (2013) JunkbotsHEA STEM: Annual Learning and Teaching Conference 2013: Where practice and pedagogy meet 17 Apr 2013 - 18 Apr 2
- Repurposing Integrating and Rating Serious Games as Learning Objects (M. Hendrix, A. Protopsaltis, I. Dunwell, P. Petridis, S. Arnab, S. de Freitas), In Technological and Social Environments for Interactive Learning, J. Jovanovic, R. Chiong (eds.), Informing Science Press Santa Rosa CA USA, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- Gamified Training for Cyber Defence: Methods and Automated Tools for Situation and Threat Assessment (J.A. Amorim, M. Hendrix, S.F. Andler, P.M. Gustavsson), In NATO Modelling and Simulation Group (MSG) Annual Conference 2013 (MSG-111), 2013. [bib][pdf]
- Cyber Security Training Perspectives (J. Amorim, J. Llinas, M. Hendrix, P.M. Gustavsson, S.F. Andler, M. Brodin), In Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) New Orleans Louisiana USA, 2013. [bib]
- Serious games meets Adaptive Hypermedia: Integrating games into web-based e-learning systems (M. Hendrix), In Keynote at PersDB2013 workshop at VLDB2013 Riva Del Garda Italy, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- The Open Innovation Exchange Platform - Experiences of implementing a business community engagement platform for channelling IP development and collaboration with local businesses (M. Hendrix, P. Lameras, B. More, P. Petridis, I. Dunwell, S. Arnab, C. Stewart, J. Hensman, S. de Freitas), In The 10th International Conference on on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE 2013), 2013.[bib] [pdf]
- Towards Understanding Learning Behavior Patterns in Social Adaptive Personalized E-Learning Systems (L. Shi, A.I. Cristea, M.S. Awan, C.Stewart, M. Hendrix), In 19th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2013. [bib]
- Socio-semantic Integration of Educational Resources - The Case of the mEducator Project (S. Dietze, E. Kaldoudi, N. Dovrolis, D. Giordano, C. Spampinato, M. Hendrix, A. Protopsaltis, D. Taibi, H. Q. Yu), In Journal of Universal Computer Science (J.UCS) Special Issue: International Research Projects on Socio-Semantic Technologies Applied to Education, volume 2013, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- The development approach of a Pedagogically Driven Serious Game to support Relationship and Sex Education (RSE) within a classroom setting (S. Arnab, K. Brown, S. Clarke, I. Dunwell, T. Lim, N. Suttie, S. Louchart, M. Hendrix, S. de Freitas), In Computers and Education, volume 2013, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- MeTycoon: A Game-Based Approach to Career Guidance (I. Dunwell, P. Lameras, K. Star, S. de Freitas, P. Petridis, M. Hendrix, S. Arnab), In International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games), 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- Educational Games - Are They Worth The Effort? (P. Backlund, M. Hendrix), In International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games), 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- Sharing Experiences with Serious Games the EduGameLab rating tool for parents and teachers (M. Hendrix, P. Backlund, M. Lebram, H. Lundqvist), In International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications (VS-Games), 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- The Herbert Virtual Museum (P. Petridis, F. Liarokapis, I. Dunwell, M. Hendrix, G. Constantinou, S. Arnab, S. de Freitas), In Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, volume 2013, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- Serious Games and E-Learning Standards: Towards an Integrated Experience (M. Hendrix, I. Dunwell, P. Lameras, S. Arnab, P Petreidis, C. Stewart, S. De Freitas, P. Backlund, F. Liarokapis), In Journal of Advanced Distributed Learning Technology (JADLeT), volume 1:1, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- Experiential Learning in the IB Classroom: Simulations and Role-playing (B. Janavaras, S. George, M. Hendrix), In Academy of International Business (AIB), 2013. [bib]
- Developing a Digital Game to Support Cultural Learning amongst Immigrants (I. Dunwell, S. Arnab, M. Hendrix, P. Petridis), In1st International Workshop on Intelligent Digital Games for Empowerment and Inclusion (IDGEI) at Foundations of Digital Games 2013, 2013. [bib]
- Behavioural and attitudinal change in Serious Games used for Environmental purposes (C. Pisipunth, P. Petridis, P. Lameras, M. Hendrix, A. Protopsaltis, I. Dunwell, S. Arnab, S. de Freitas), In Simulation & Gaming, volume 2013, 2013. [bib Integrating Serious Games in Adaptive Hypermedia Applications for Personalised Learning Experiences (M. Hendrix, E. Knutov, L. Auneau, S. Arnab, I. Dunwell, P. Petridis, P. Lameras, S. de Freitas), In The Fifth International Conference on Mobile Hybrid and On-line Learning (eL&mL 2013), IARIA, 2013. [bib] [pdf]
- AriadneISSN: 1361-3200
- Maunder, R., Turner, S., Sneddon, S. and Crouch, A. (2012) Editorial. Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education. 4(1), pp. 1-2. 2041-3122.
- Dravid R and Al-Sherbaz, A (2012) Optimization of Routing Protocols for Wireless Mesh Networks (WMNs) to Achieve Higher Quality of Service for Real-Time Applications 3rd Annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, Bangalore, India, December 12-14 2012
- Padillia I, Zhang Y (2012)Developing a haptic interface to manipulate and section high polygon models from x-ray data, international conference on electrical engineering and computer science (EECS201)
- Turner, S. and Al-Sherbaz, A. (2012) What's the problem with problem-solving? Seminar Presentation presented to: Insights into the future of learning and teaching at Northampton, University of Northampton, 3rd December 2012
- Bouyerbou, H. Oukid, S. Benblidiya N. and Bechkoum, K. (2012). “Hybrid Image Representation Methods for Automatic Image Annotation: A Survey”. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems, ICSCS 2012, 18-21 September 2012, Wroclaw, Poland.
- Kariyawasam K., A., Turner S., Hill G. (2012) "Is it Visual? The importance of a Problem Solving Module within a Computing course", Computer Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 5-7, ISSN: 1672-5913.
- Hill G., Turner S. (2012) "Referencing within Code in Software Engineering Education!", Computer Education, Volume 10, Issue 166, May 2012, pp. 1-4, ISSN: 1672-5913.
Al-Sherbaz Ali, Dravid Rashmi, Svennevik Espen and Picton Phil (2012)"iSurvival: A Collaborative Mobile Network System for Disaster Management" PRO-VE’12 -13th Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises : Collaborative Networks in the Internet of Services, University of Bournemouth, 1-3 October 2012
- Al-Sherbaz A, Dravid R (2012) "Ultilising Mobile Mesh Networks for Disaster Management" M4D2012, 27-29 February 2012, New Delhi, India
- J.W.J.Xue and A. Yahya. (2012) “Critical Analysis of ECM Applications in the Clouds: a case study”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol.4 No. 3, June 2012. ISBN:0795-4660.
- Collective Intelligence and Immersive Visualisation - New Techniques to Facilitate Collaborative Research (J. Hensman, M. Hendrix, A. Brandic, I. Upton), In Digital Research (DR2012), 2012. [bib]
- Authoring Adaptive Serious Games (M. Hendrix, E. Knutov, L. Auneau, A. Protopsaltis, S. Arnab, I. Dunwell, P. Petridis, S. de Freitas), In 7th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, Springer, 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Technical Evaluation of The mEducator 3.0 Linked Data-based Environment for Sharing Medical Educational Resources (M. Hendrix, D. Taibi, S. Dietze, A. Protopsaltis, I. Dunwell, E. Mitsopoulou, P. Bamidis, D. Spachos, S. de Freitas, P. Petridis, S. Arnab, N. Dovrolis, E. Kaldoudi), In 2nd International Workshop on Learning and Education with the Web of Data (LiLe2012) collocated with World Wide Web (WWW2012), ACM, 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Performance Evaluation of mEducator 3.0 a Linked Databased Medical Educational Environment (M. Hendrix, A. Protopsaltis), In 1st International Conference on Medical Education Informatics (MEI 2012), 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Game Engines Selection Framework for High-Fidelity Serious Applications (P. Petridis, I. Dunwell, S. Arnab, A. Protopsaltis, M. Hendrix, S. de Freitas), In International Journal of Interactive worlds, volume 2012, 2012. [bib] [pdf] [doi]
- Defining a Metadata Schema for Serious Games as Learning Objects (M. Hendrix, A. Protopsaltis, C. Rolland, I. Dunwell, S. de Freitas, S. Arnab, P. Petridis, J. Llanas), In The Fourth International Conference on Mobile Hybrid and On-line Learning (eL&mL 2012), IARIA, 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Guiding Intuitive Learning in Serious Games (I. Dunwell, P. Petridis, M. Hendrix, S. Arnab, M. Al-Smadi, C. Guetl), In ALICE 2012 workshop CISIS 2012, IEEE Computer Society, 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Re-using Serious Games by encapsulating them in Learning Objects (M. Hendrix, I. Dunwell, P. Lameras), In ASPIS international conference 2012, 2012. [bib] [pdf]
- Turner S (2011) "Enhancing the Sustainability of the East Midlands Knowledge Network: final Report " [online] URL: http://ie-repository.jisc.ac.uk/563/2/EMKN_final_report_output4337.doc accessed on: 6/12/2011.
- Al-Sherbaz A, Minai A, Xue J, Dravid R (2011) "An Embedded Pedagogic Model for Computer Forensics within an
Undergraduate Programme" 7th Annual Teaching Computer Forensics Workshop, University of Sunderland 10th November 2011
- Turner S (2011) Neural Nets Robotics Workshop. Bot Shop! University of Derby, 28th October 2011.
- Bing Wu, Kamal Bechkoum, Deirdre Lawless, Xiaofei Xu (2011) Chapter 2: Education to Meet the Requirements of Software Industry and Beyond - Establishing, Implementing and Evaluating an Industry-Oriented Education Model in China Software Industry-Oriented Education Practices and Curriculum Development: Experiences and Lessons edited by Drs. Matthew Hussey, Xiaofei Xu and Bing Wu.
- Hill G, Turner S (2011) Chapter 7
- Hill, G, Svennevik E, Turner S (2011) "Green Computer Science Courses. No more labs full of computers, we’re going mobile!" The 7th China - Europe International Symposium on Software Industry Oriented Education (CEISIE 2011), University of Northampton 23-24th May 2011
- Turner S (2011) "Junkbots" The 7th China - Europe International Symposium on Software Industry Oriented Education (CEISIE 2011), University of Northampton
- McGovern K, Mothersole P, Turner S (2011) "Influencing students’ construction of personalised concept maps through the use of query expansion (QE) searching of the World Wide Web" Learning Global, University of Northampton 11th May 2011
- Goodchild T, Dravid R, Turner S (2011) "Mind the Gender Gap – Reflections on addressing gender diversity in Computing and Engineering" Learning Global,University of Northampton 11th May 2011
- (2011) The Subjective Measurement of Leather Handle by Descriptive Sensory Analysis, Journal of the American Leather Chemists Association, Apr 2011 pp 134-139
- (2011) Predicting Leather Handle like an Expert Artificial Neural Networks, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 25, Issue 2 February 2011 , pages 180 - 192 ISSN:
- M. Al-Ghamdi, A.P. Chester, L. He, S.A. Jarvis, J.W.J. Xue. (2011) “Dynamic Active Window Management: A Method for Improving Revenue Generation in Dynamic Enterprise Systems”. 11th IEEE International Conference on Scalable Computing and Communication (SCALCOM’11). Aug. 31st– Sep. 2nd, 2011. Pafos, Cybrus.
- Blended Game-Based Learning Environments: Extending a Serious Game into a Learning Content Management System (I. Dunwell, P. Petridis, A. Protopsaltis, S. Arnab, M. Hendrix, S. de Freitas), In ALICE 2011 workshop INCoS 2011, IEEE Computer Society, 2011. [bib] [pdf]
- Scenario-based Serious Games Repurposing (A. Protopsaltis, L. Auneau, I. Dunwell, S. de Freitas, P. Petridis, S. Arnab, M. Hendrix), InProceedings of the ACM SIGDOC 2011 Conference, ACM, 2011. [bib] [pdf]
- Ensembl 2012 (P. Flicek, M. R. Amode, D. Barrell, K. Beal, S. Brent, D. Carvalho-Silva, P. Clapham, G. Coates, S. Fairley, S. Fitzgerald, L. Gil, L. Gordon, M. Hendrix, T. Hourlier, N. Johnson, A. K. Kahari, D. Keefe, S. Keenan, R. Kinsella, M. Komorowska, G. Koscielny, E. Kulesha, P. Larsson, I. Longden, W. McLaren, M. Muffato, B. Overduin, M. Pignatelli, B. Pritchard, H. S. Riat, G. R. Ritchie, M. Ruffier, M. Schuster, D. Sobral, Y. A. Tang, K. Taylor, S. Trevanion, J. Vandrovcova, S. White, M. Wilson, S. P. Wilder, B. L. Aken, E. Birney, F. Cunningham, I. Dunham, R. Durbin, X. M. Fernandez-Suarez, J. Harrow, J. Herrero, T. J. Hubbard, A. Parker, G. Proctor, G. Spudich, J. Vogel, A. Yates, A. Zadissa, S. M. J. Searle), In Oxford Journals Nucleic Acids Research, volume 40, pp. 84-90, 2011. [bib] [pdf] [doi]
- Zhang Y (2010) A Multi-asperity Surface Contact Model for the Simulation of Friction in Virtual Environments, Proceedings of Virtual Reality International Conference (VRIC 2010), 7-9 April 2010, Laval, France. RICHIR Simon, SHIRAI Akihiko Editors.
- Zhao F, Turner S, Hill G, Dravid R, Zhang Y (2010) A Virtual Environment Training System for Haptic Laparoscopic Surgery 16th International Conference on Automation and Computing, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK, 11 September 2010
- AL-SHERBAZ, A.; KUSELER, T.; ADAMS, C.; MARŠÁLEK, R.; POVALAČ, K. (2010) WiMAX Parameters Adaptation Through A Baseband Processor Using Discrete Particle Swarm Method. International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Cambridge Press, 2010, vol. 2010 (2), no. 2, p. 1 - 7. ISSN: 1759- 0787.
- Turner S and Hill G (2010) "Innovative use of Robots and Graphical Programming in Software Education" Computer Education Ser. 117 No. 9 pp 54-57 ISSN: 1672-5913
- Duncan A and Dravid R (2010) "Soft skills for scientists; not a soft option" Learning Dialogues: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton 13th May 2010
- Turner S (2010) "PowerPoint is just the start" Learning Dialogues: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton 13th May 2010
- Turner S (2010) "Initial Experience of using Audio Feedback" Learning Dialogues: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton 13th May 2010
- J. W. J. Xue "QoS-aware Service Selection" to the book " Agent-based Service-Oriented Computing". In series Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing. Springer 2010. ISBN: 978-1-84996-040-3
- Ensembl 2011 (P. Flicek, M. R. Amode, D. Barrell, K. Beal, S. Brent, Y Chen, P. Clapham, G. Coates, S. Fairley, S. Fitzgerald, L. Gordon, M. Hendrix, T. Hourlier, N. Johnson, A. Kahari, D. Keefe, S. Keenan, R. Kinsella, F. Kokocinski, E. Kulesha, P. Larsson, I. Longden, W. McLaren, B. Overduin, B. Pritchard, H. S. Riat, D. Rios, G. Ritchie, M. Ruffier, M. Schuster, D. Sobral, G. Spudich, Y. A. Tang, S. Trevanion, J. Vandrovcova, A. Vilella, S. White, S. P. Wilder, A. Zadissa, J. Zamora, B. L. Aken, E. Birney, F. Cunningham, I. Dunham, R. Durbin, X. M. Fernandez-Suarez, J. Herrero, T. J. P. Hubbard, A. Parker, G. Proctor, J. Vogel, S. M. J. Searle), In Oxford Journals Nucleic Acids Research, volume 39, 2010. [bib] [pdf] [doi]
- Supporting Authoring of Adaptive Hypermedia (M. Hendrix), PhD thesis,The University of Warwick, 2010. [bib] [pdf]
- Continuous use of Authoring for Adaptive Educational Hypermedia: A Long-term Case Study (J.G.K. Foss, A. I. Cristea, M. Hendrix), In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies ICALT 2010, IEEE, 2010. [bib][pdf]
- GRAPPLE: Personalization and Adaptation in Learning Management Systems (P. De Bra, D. Smits, K. van der Sluijs, A. I. Cristea, M. Hendrix, other members of the GRAPPLE Research Team), In ED-MEDIA 2010-World Conference on Educational Multimedia Hypermedia & Telecommunications, Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), 2010. [bib] [pdf]