New Personal Development Portfolio (PDP) resources developed collaboratively between the Rashmi Dravid (Computing, School of Science and Technology) and Andrea Duncan (DELTAE) has been launched.
This project build on a previous collaboration of Andrea and Jonathan Adams (Engineering, School of Science and Technology) into PDP for engineering students; the HEA Engineering Subject Centre funded Engineering Your Workplace Advantage (http://pdp.northampton.ac.uk/engineering/index.html) .A 'student-friendly' feature of both projects is that web-design was carried out by a student.
The resource Your Degree in Computing: Making it Work provides materials that are designed to help computing students:
- Link work placement and academic study
- Be aware of skills gained through specific study activities, and how they are relevant elsewhere
- Improve planning, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Think actively about personal and academic development, in relation to your future as a professional in computing
- Record concrete examples they can use in applications for jobs, placements or further study
- Gain experience in applying these skills in different situations, through paid or placement opportunities
- Broaden your career options by providing information, case studies, contacts and resources
The resources can be found at: http://pdp.northampton.ac.uk/computing/index.html